Monday, December 11, 2006

Working like a mad woman

So I have been working like a mad woman..which means that the house still looks like a construction site exploded...but it also means that we are getting closer to having this done! WOO HOO! So what did I do you ask? well here goes:

I have hung drywall. Mudded, sanded, primered and first coat painted the sunporch/guest room. I have also painted the ceiling and sanded the floor. We pulled the front panel off the underside of the sunporch (this is outside) and I got to crawl underneath there...and that was disgusting on a whole new level! But since I am small I get the pleasure of playing in the dirt. So I crawled underneath, we stapled in some insulation and put plastic underneath the whole thing.

While we have been doing the attic remodeling we have been removing blow-in insulation from the floor. Which has then been put in large garbage bags, which have been residing on the upstairs porch and a couple other random locations. Well, once we had the underside of the porch opened up, we have been shoving these bags of insul under there. This does 2 wonderful things: 1) it gets rid of a lot of garbage! and b) it insulates underneath the sun porch. This is a fabulous use of recycling. About half the underside was filled so when the other half of the attic is emptied out, it will go under the other half of the sun porch!

I also did some burning of scrap wood, sucked and mulched leaves, unloaded wood for the fireplace (so we finally have wood for the fireplace and I can stop buying stupid little bundles from the grocery store) and it is official...the pellet stove works!!!

So here are some pics of me sanding the drywall...looking entirely a mess! Plus a couple of pics of the sunporch windows which Dave installed and are beautiful 6 foot tall and triple pained!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know about your walls but you sure look mudded!
Love ya
Mum