Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Lincoln and Vietnam

The Lincoln Memorial has always been one of my favorites, no big surprise since that is the time I use to study. But he was stunning at night. It is quite imposing walking next to the water and slowly approaching the memorial, this huge building atop tall stairs just presiding over everything. It seems to put you in perspective of the world. We also saw the vietnam wall at night. I really appreciated seeing it at night, it seemed to change the way in which you view the wall. During the day it is so big and in many ways overwhelming, hard to take it all in, which of course is part of the point. At night, you cant really see the whole thing, you just get the impression of it. I found that because you had to take in each panel one at a time that it forced a more individual experience, less overwhelming and more solemn. It was a really nice experience.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool! You went to DC. I stayed home in bed, sick. Where's my turkey soup?

Just kidding.